Thursday, February 01, 2007

1440

As best I can recall, a day has always had one thousand, four hundred and forty minutes in it. Sure, Daylight Saving Time will take an hour out of one day every spring, but it gives that hour back in the fall.

Why is it that each day seems to have fewer minutes than the day before? It's an illusion - there are still 1440 minutes in the day. Maybe the minutes themselves are shorter?

I've had a real time management problem lately. I've started a new Bible study last week that meets at 6:00 AM on Fridays. Yes, that's AM - as in before dawn. So now five days a week I've got to take time out for a new study (theoretically - the minutes budgeted this week were spent on sleeping).

And I'm toying with the idea of starting an entrepreneurial venture with a friend. It's an exciting project, with much more promise than my day job. But yet one more thing to budget out of my 1440.

And, finally, there's my family. The wife and son are so incredibly important, and yet their slice of the 1440 seems so expendable.

God, help me focus on my day. Show me where I'm wasting these precious minutes you've given to me. Give me a true sense of Your priority, so that I can spend my time on what's important instead of what's urgent.

No comments: