Friday, February 16, 2007

Love

Valentines day is behind us, but the Love we feel for our wives should be ever-present in our hearts.

Ephesians 5 gives a very high standard for how any Christian man should Love his wife: "just as Christ loved the church".

Think about what Christ as done for you. He has met our needs; provided for us materially (Matt. 6:25-27), emotionally (Psalm 46:1-3), eternally (John 3:16).

We should show such Love for our wives.

Surprisingly, it's easier to think about dying for the Love of our lives than it is to live for her.

Could I take a bullet for my wife? Absolutely!

Could I do the dishes? Probably. Every day? Well, that's not fair!

Think about the Love that Christ has given you. Love without condition; withouth merit; without end. That is how you should Love your wife.

That is how I should Love my wife.

No comments: